COVID-19 Social Distancing at County Offices
Go online to www.mylancastersc.org/COVID19 for County specific updates.
Effective Monday, December 21, 2020 public hours at the Administration Building will be 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Per County policy, face coverings (which fully cover the nose and mouth) are required in County facilities as of Thursday, August 13, 2020. Masks will be made available for those without. Citizens are urged to call or email before driving to a County Office. Many buildings or functions are currently operating with social distancing restrictions, an appointment-only schedule and/or with a reduced staff to minimize contact between employees, the public, and each other.
The following is to educate, protect and prepare our community during the coronavirus outbreak.
All residents are asked to take personal responsibility for their health and the health of their family members through active monitoring of their health. This should include twice daily temperature checks and the following preventative measures:
- Frequent handwashing with soap for at least 20 seconds and use of hand sanitizers, with at least 60% alcohol, when soap is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough into a tissue and then throw the tissue away. If tissues aren’t available, cough into your elbow
- Stay home when you are sick
- Contact your personal physician if you have concerns about your health
- Use extra care to clean and disinfect surfaces, including door handles, cell phones and keyboards
- Use household products specifically designed to disinfect