Homestead Applications taken Feb. 22
HOMESTEAD APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN IN PERSON FROM 1 TO 4 PM WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2023, AT THE LODGE AT SUN CITY, ROOM 1, 2955 SUN CITY BLVD, FORT MILL, SC 29707.
To qualify for Homestead for the 2023 tax year you had to meet ALL the following:
- Issued your South Carolina Drivers license on or before December 31, 2021, (State Law requires you to have lived as a residence of SC for one full calendar year, that year is 2022 for you to qualify for the 2023 tax year) Must present SC DL at location or office.
- Reached the age of 65 on or before December 31, 2022, (SC DL will be proof of age) or was notified by a federal agency that you are 100% disabled by December 31, 2022. Must present Medicare card or letter of approval at location or office.
- Must had a vehicle registered in Lancaster County by December 31, 2021, to current.
- Have legal residence on your home with the Lancaster County Assessor’s Office.
- If you moved within SC from another county, you qualify on your home here if the home in Lancaster County is now your legal residence with the Assessor’s office.
- If your home is a new construction, you will apply for homestead the year after you receive your CO (Certificate of Occupancy). You will still have to meet the above qualifications.
**Homestead Exemption takes off the first $50,000 of your homes assessed value each year.
**You do not need to reapply each year unless you have moved or change your deed.**
For more information, visit the Auditor's webpage.