Building Codes are mandated by the state of South Carolina General Assembly. The SC Building Codes Council starts with the International Code family and has hearings on modifications to the codes. These modifications are presented to the General Assembly who adopts them as law. The mandated codes, along with permissible codes are presented to the counties and municipalities for adoption. No local modification is allowed.
- 2021International Building Code
- 2021 International Residential Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2021 International Plumbing Code
- 2021 International Fire Code
- 2021 International Existing Buildings Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2017 ANSI 1CCA117.1 Standard for Accessible Useable Buildings and Facilities Code
- 2020 National Electrical Code with SC Modifications
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code
We are pleased to announce that the Insurance Services Office site visit and grading are complete and the results received. Our department has been assigned scores of three for Commercial Construction and four for Residential Construction, with one being perfect and nine having no code enforcement. This is an improvement from the six on residential and commercial we received on our last grading.