The Lancaster County Procurement Department is responsible for providing quality products and services at the most competitive prices to better serve departments, agencies, and the citizens of Lancaster County while providing fair and open competition to all parties interested in doing business with Lancaster County.
Procurement is responsible for:
- Developing purchasing objectives, procedures and policies.
- Administration of the purchasing card program.
- Approving and issuing purchase orders.
- Assisting departments in creating specifications and technical requirements needed for open solicitations.
- Contract management.
- Development, advertising, and administering all solicitations.
- Proper disposal of county surplus/obsolete equipment.
- Ensuring all county departments and employees adhere to the Lancaster County Procurement Code.
- Ensuring all county departments and employees follow the Lancaster County Purchasing Ethics and P-Card policies.
- Paying invoices.
- Providing general ledger account numbers.
- Authorizing budget approval for purchases.